When you call Delta Dental of Arizona (DDAZ) with a dental benefits question, there’s an entire team of friendly people ready to help. They’re passionate about helping you understand and use your benefits–and often go the extra mile to do so.
For Customer Service Week, we’re taking the opportunity to highlight a few of our outstanding team members who deliver customer service with a smile every day.
Fishing for the Facts Award
Ana is known for finding the right answers to caller’s questions quickly, even if that means she has to do a little research.
Get to know Ana:
- Ana has worked at DDAZ for 3 years and 8 months
- Her go-to karaoke song is “Love is a Battlefield”
- She often goes by her middle name, Karen
- Outside of work you can find her playing soccer, dancing or spending time with family
Duct Tape Award
Coworkers come to Courtney for help because she’s known for her ability to find solutions to the toughest problems.
Get to know Courtney:
- Courtney has worked at DDAZ for 6.5 years
- Her favorite place to vacation is New York
- She graduated from college with honors and 3 associate’s degrees
- Outside of work, you can find her boating or spending time with her grandpuppy
Music to Your Ears Award
Danielle has one of the most soothing voices. She articulates well and is easy for callers to understand over the phone.
Get to know Danielle:
- Danielle has worked at DDAZ for almost a year and a half
- Her go-to karaoke song is “Don’t Go Breaking My Heart”
- She enjoys time at the lake or on a river
- Outside of work, you can find her spending time with family, exploring new areas or trying new restaurants
Effective Detective Award
Kenzie is skilled at identifying areas of opportunity, like a process improvement or a more efficient way to complete a task.
Get to know Kenzie:
- Kenzie has worked at DDAZ a little over a year
- If she could eat one meal for the rest of her life, it’d be spaghetti and garlic bread
- She enjoys sewing, thrifting and making soap
- Her favorite places to visit are Sedona and Louisiana
Mission Impossible Award
Lucero is resourceful and can complete the toughest tasks or find answers to the most difficult questions.
Get to know Lucero:
- Lucero has worked at DDAZ for 1.5 years
- Her family and friends call her “Lulu”
- She is the youngest of 3 siblings
- She loves the fact that Delta Dental of Arizona’s Foundation gives back to the community
Keep It Cool Award
Mayra is known for her ability to remain calm and collected, even in the most stressful situations.
Get to know Mayra:
- Mayra has worked at DDAZ for 1.5 years
- Her favorite part about working at DDAZ is her great boss and supervisor
- If she could only eat one meal for the rest of her life, it’d be Abuelo’s enchiladas
- Outside of work, she enjoys spending time with family and watching football
High Five Award
Megan is a team player who is always willing to lend a helping hand.
Get to know Megan:
- Megan has worked at DDAZ for 1 year and 7 months
- Her favorite part about working at DDAZ is the family-like feel of the company
- If she could only eat one meal for the rest of her life, it’d be a burger and fries
- Three things that always make her smile are her kids, family/friends and being near water (whether a pool, beach or lake)
Neatest Nook Award
Rachel’s desk is beautifully decorated and she always keeps it neat and tidy.
Get to know Rachel:
- Rachel has worked at DDAZ for almost a year
- Outside of work, she enjoys cooking, reading and being outdoors
- She has never been on an airplane
- Three things that always make her smile are her kids, money and chocolate
Cruising and Crushing It Award
Sandra is known for going above and beyond to help customers and teammates.
Get to know Sandra:
- Sandra has worked at DDAZ for 8 months
- She enjoys providing members with the resources they need to understand their benefits
- She is left-handed
- Four things that always make her smile are her boyfriend, food, puppies and kittens
Early Bird Award
Tammra is often the first one to the office. She arrives ready to work and take care of her customers.
Get to know Tammra:
- Tammra has worked at DDAZ for 1 year
- She has 2 dogs: Bear and Pikachubacca
- Her favorite part of working at DDAZ is the fun and supportive work culture
- When she has time off work, she enjoys visiting Sedona, Prescott and Denver
If you’re lucky enough to get one of these rock stars the next time you contact customer service, be sure to congratulate them on a job well done!
Our customer service team is here to make using your dental benefits easy. You can reach them Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am–5:00 pm and Friday, 7:30 am–4:30 pm (AZ time). Call us toll free at 800.352.6132, option #1. We look forward to talking to you!