The year was 1996. Oprah’s latest book club selection was a nightstand staple (The Corrections is still a favorite of mine). A Nirvana CD replaced my Guns N’ Roses cassette tape and I couldn’t have been a bigger Friends fan. Little did I know that while I was practicing the Macarena in my mirror, Generation […]
What happens if you or a family member has more than one dental plan? If both plans cover two cleanings a year, do you now get four cleanings? Not exactly. You don’t get double the benefits if you are covered by more than one dental plan, nor do you get reimbursed twice for your dental […]
A guide to dental insurance for infants and children When a child is born, getting medical coverage is a priority. But it’s also important to have dental insurance, too. This guide to dental insurance for children helps provide everything you need to know. When and why to get coverage Babies usually start getting teeth around […]
All dental plans are not created equal. Some differences between plans can be easy to identify: annual maximums, deductibles and co-insurance, for example, are fairly straightforward. As the old adage goes, the devil is in the details. Here are 6 often overlooked details to look at when comparing dental plan coverage: Frequencies & Limitations Most […]
As you begin to build a dental benefits package to offer to your employees, you may consider including orthodontic benefits in your dental plan. Depending on the size of your company and the plan you choose, your employees may have a range of discounts on the cost of braces and other devices. What Do Your […]
Network size is measured in many different ways. Some dental carriers count unique licenses, some count provider locations, while others count access points. And, unfortunately, some dental insurance companies may not keep their records up-to-date, failing to remove retired or no longer practicing dentists from their lists of participating dentists. These differences can artificially inflate […]
Retirement planning can be challenging. You’ve got to run the numbers to determine the best age to retire; understand how Social Security timing affects your income; use an Equity release calculator to see how much you might be able to get; and ensure you have enough saved to maintain your standard of living when you […]
Deductible and copay—you probably know these insurance terms impact cost. But insurance terms aren’t easy to understand, and when you layer one on top of the other, it gets even more complex. How do the two terms work together? And does copay go towards deductible? Let’s start by defining the terms. A copay is what […]
As a former benefits consultant and small business owner, I understand how difficult it can be for small employers to balance the desire to provide exceptional benefits and perks that attract and retain top talent with the need to protect the bottom line. And navigating the ever-growing list of perks to provide employees is a […]
As we continue to expand our services to meet the growing oral health needs across the state, we are pleased to announce the creation of a small business sales and service unit (SBU). Led by Kristi Dewitt-Quintero, the SBU will work with Arizona small business owners—and the brokers who serve them—to ensure their employees have […]
- 3 Resources to Help You Pick The Perfect Dentist 08/08/2017
- How To Ease Your Family’s Dental Anxiety 10/09/2018
- Combating Tooth Decay: 3 Ways to Help Kids Get a Passing Grade in Oral Health This School Year 08/11/2015
- 9 Common Questions and Answers for Parents Considering Braces for their Children 11/27/2018
- Are Electric Toothbrushes Better? 09/04/2018
- What To Do About a Loose Baby Tooth? 08/01/2022
- North Country HealthCare’s Medical/Dental Integration Program Expands During COVID-19 06/30/2022
- Foundation Spotlight: El Rio Community Health Center 06/16/2022
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Right Toothbrush 06/02/2022
- ‘Smile’ by Raina Telgemeier Helps a 5th Grader Through a Dental Emergency 05/17/2022
- Jessica Arnold: Mouthguards are so important for preventing injury...
- Dental Bridges Longmont CO: Mouth-guards help a lot in preventing the tooth an...
- Jessica Arnold: We're very glad you found this article helpful! K...
- Vaishnavi: DIY health tips are excellent. Thank you for the a...
- Ryan Boulding: Great idea!...