Deductible and copay—you probably know these insurance terms impact cost. But insurance terms aren’t easy to understand, and when you layer one on top of the other, it gets even more complex. How do the two terms work together? And does copay go towards deductible? Let’s start by defining the terms. A copay is what […]
As a former benefits consultant and small business owner, I understand how difficult it can be for small employers to balance the desire to provide exceptional benefits and perks that attract and retain top talent with the need to protect the bottom line. And navigating the ever-growing list of perks to provide employees is a […]
As we continue to expand our services to meet the growing oral health needs across the state, we are pleased to announce the creation of a small business sales and service unit (SBU). Led by Kristi Dewitt-Quintero, the SBU will work with Arizona small business owners—and the brokers who serve them—to ensure their employees have […]
Have you ever wondered what actually determines the rate and coverage of your group dental insurance plan? These 4 factors could have an influence: Location. When it comes to a geographical area, your dental insurance carrier considers competing companies, local regulation and cost of living—all of which can influence premium pricing. This is pretty standard in […]
When it comes to employee satisfaction, benefits matter. Small businesses have to remain competitive to recruit and retain talented employees. A strong benefits package improves a company’s competitive position, and dental coverage plays a significant role in rounding out that package. In fact, two-thirds of workers consider dental benefits to be very or extremely important, […]
When you have dental benefits from Delta Dental of Arizona, you can visit any licensed dentist. However, your benefit plan might have limited coverage for services provided by out-of-network dentists. To ensure you’re saving the most money and receiving your full benefit, it’s always best to visit a dentist in the Delta Dental network. Here […]
We live in an age of entrepreneurial innovation. Professionals are passing on corporate life and becoming their own bosses. Today, freelancers, the self-employed and contract workers account for 30% of the national workforce, and that number is expected to increase to 40% by 2020. But working outside the box means we have to account for […]
You may think of insurance as a hassle, but the truth is that it’s one of the most valuable programs your employer offers. Unfortunately, insurance carriers—especially those focusing in health and dental benefits—don’t always make it easy to understand the features of their plans. We want you to take full advantage of your coverage with […]
There’s a lot of misinformation about dental benefits, and it’s hard to decode what’s true and what’s fabricated. We’re channeling our inner Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman to debunk 5 common dental benefits myths: MYTH: I have health insurance, so dental care is covered. PLAUSIBLE. Here’s why: It varies by medical plan, but oftentimes health […]
Purchasing dental insurance can be a daunting decision. It may not be easy to determine which plan and coverage options best meet your needs. At first glance, two plans may seem exactly alike. In actuality, they could be very different, especially if the two plans are offered by competing carriers. Here are four areas you’ll […]
- Combating Tooth Decay: 3 Ways to Help Kids Get a Passing Grade in Oral Health This School Year 08/11/2015
- Smoking Linked to Poor Oral Health 01/07/2014
- 3 Resources to Help You Pick The Perfect Dentist 08/08/2017
- Dentist By 1: When Should Your Child First Visit the Dentist? 06/30/2014
- The Dangers of Do-It-Yourself Dental Work 03/21/2017
- Do Turtles Have Teeth? The Answer is Complicated 04/17/2018
- Wisdom Teeth Extraction: How to Speed Up Recovery Time 04/10/2018
- Wine for the Win? How Red Wine May Benefit Body and Smile 04/03/2018
- Seeing a Dental Specialist 101 03/27/2018
- Sjogren’s Syndrome and Dry Mouth 03/20/2018
- Caroline Jacobson: Good call!...
- Jay: Having a separate toothbrush for your mouth guard ...
- Caroline Jacobson: Thanks for reading, Nieomi!...
- Nieomi: Insightful article. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up...
- Caroline Jacobson: Seems like a gamble to us, Becca!...