As you begin to build a dental benefits package to offer to your employees, you may consider including orthodontic benefits in your dental plan. Depending on the size of your company and the plan you choose, your employees may have a range of discounts on the cost of braces and other devices. What Do Your […]
Network size is measured in many different ways. Some dental carriers count unique licenses, some count provider locations, while others count access points. And, unfortunately, some dental insurance companies may not keep their records up-to-date, failing to remove retired or no longer practicing dentists from their lists of participating dentists. These differences can artificially inflate […]
Retirement planning can be challenging. You’ve got to run the numbers to determine the best age to retire; understand how Social Security timing affects your income; use an Equity release calculator to see how much you might be able to get; and ensure you have enough saved to maintain your standard of living when you […]
What happens if you or a family member is has more than one dental plan? If both plans cover two cleanings a year, do you now get four cleanings? Not exactly. You don’t get double the benefits if you are covered by more than one dental plan, nor do you get reimbursed twice for your […]
Deductible and copay—you probably know these insurance terms impact cost. But insurance terms aren’t easy to understand, and when you layer one on top of the other, it gets even more complex. How do the two terms work together? And does copay go towards deductible? Let’s start by defining the terms. A copay is what […]
As a former benefits consultant and small business owner, I understand how difficult it can be for small employers to balance the desire to provide exceptional benefits and perks that attract and retain top talent with the need to protect the bottom line. And navigating the ever-growing list of perks to provide employees is a […]
As we continue to expand our services to meet the growing oral health needs across the state, we are pleased to announce the creation of a small business sales and service unit (SBU). Led by Kristi Dewitt-Quintero, the SBU will work with Arizona small business owners—and the brokers who serve them—to ensure their employees have […]
Have you ever wondered what actually determines the rate and coverage of your group dental insurance plan? These 4 factors could have an influence: Location. When it comes to a geographical area, your dental insurance carrier considers competing companies, local regulation and cost of living—all of which can influence premium pricing. This is pretty standard […]
When it comes to employee satisfaction, benefits matter. Small businesses have to remain competitive to recruit and retain talented employees. A strong benefits package improves a company’s competitive position, and dental coverage plays a significant role in rounding out that package. In fact, two-thirds of workers consider dental benefits to be very or extremely important, […]
When you have dental benefits from Delta Dental of Arizona, you can visit any licensed dentist. However, your benefit plan might have limited coverage for services provided by out-of-network dentists. To ensure you’re saving the most money and receiving your full benefit, it’s always best to visit a dentist in the Delta Dental network. Here […]
- 3 Resources to Help You Pick The Perfect Dentist 08/08/2017
- Combating Tooth Decay: 3 Ways to Help Kids Get a Passing Grade in Oral Health This School Year 08/11/2015
- Are Electric Toothbrushes Better? 09/04/2018
- Smoking Linked to Poor Oral Health 01/07/2014
- 9 Common Questions and Answers for Parents Considering Braces for their Children 11/27/2018
- Kids Are Using Too Much Toothpaste | Bad Dental Health Habits 06/11/2019
- Recipe: Rosemary Lemon-Baked Salmon with Mint Yogurt Sauce | Oral and Overall Health Benefits 06/06/2019
- Recipe + Health Benefits of Broccolini 06/05/2019
- Top Benefits to Look for in a New Job 06/04/2019
- Dentist Spotlight: Dr. Sharon Lister 06/03/2019
- KARAN PRAKASH: Nice post. Keep going...
- Ryan Boulding: We're glad this article helped you, Thomas!...
- Thomas Jameson: I'm glad I read up about pediatric and family den...
- Ryan Boulding: Reaching out to your dentist should be the first s...
- Ryan Boulding: Let us know how you like it!...