As a former benefits consultant and small business owner, I understand how difficult it can be for small employers to balance the desire to provide exceptional benefits and perks that attract and retain top talent with the need to protect the bottom line. And navigating the ever-growing list of perks to provide employees is a […]
As we continue to expand our services to meet the growing oral health needs across the state, we are pleased to announce the creation of a small business sales and service unit (SBU). Led by Kristi Dewitt-Quintero, the SBU will work with Arizona small business owners—and the brokers who serve them—to ensure their employees have […]
Have you ever wondered what actually determines the rate and coverage of your group dental insurance plan? These 4 factors could have an influence: Location. When it comes to a geographical area, your dental insurance carrier considers competing companies, local regulation and cost of living—all of which can influence premium pricing. This is pretty standard in […]
When it comes to employee satisfaction, benefits matter. Small businesses have to remain competitive to recruit and retain talented employees. A strong benefits package improves a company’s competitive position, and dental coverage plays a significant role in rounding out that package. In fact, two-thirds of workers consider dental benefits to be very or extremely important, […]
When you have dental benefits from Delta Dental of Arizona, you can visit any licensed dentist. However, your benefit plan might have limited coverage for services provided by out-of-network dentists. To ensure you’re saving the most money and receiving your full benefit, it’s always best to visit a dentist in the Delta Dental network. Here […]
We live in an age of entrepreneurial innovation. Professionals are passing on corporate life and becoming their own bosses. Today, freelancers, the self-employed and contract workers account for 30% of the national workforce, and that number is expected to increase to 40% by 2020. But working outside the box means we have to account for […]
You may think of insurance as a hassle, but the truth is that it’s one of the most valuable programs your employer offers. Unfortunately, insurance carriers—especially those focusing in health and dental benefits—don’t always make it easy to understand the features of their plans. We want you to take full advantage of your coverage with […]
There’s a lot of misinformation about dental benefits, and it’s hard to decode what’s true and what’s fabricated. We’re channeling our inner Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman to debunk 5 common dental benefits myths: MYTH: I have health insurance, so dental care is covered. PLAUSIBLE. Here’s why: It varies by medical plan, but oftentimes health […]
Purchasing dental insurance can be a daunting decision. It may not be easy to determine which plan and coverage options best meet your needs. At first glance, two plans may seem exactly alike. In actuality, they could be very different, especially if the two plans are offered by competing carriers. Here are four areas you’ll […]
Comparing coverage between dental insurance plans? Trying to make sense of the dental benefits summary your employer gave you during open enrollment? We can help! In addition to the annual maximum and deductible, you’ll want to review the covered services. Many dental plans offer three classes or categories of covered services, often with different reimbursement […]
- Smoking Linked to Poor Oral Health 01/07/2014
- Dentist By 1: When Should Your Child First Visit the Dentist? 06/30/2014
- Combating Tooth Decay: 3 Ways to Help Kids Get a Passing Grade in Oral Health This School Year 08/11/2015
- 5 Foods that Naturally Whiten and Brighten Teeth 02/16/2016
- True or False: 5 Trivia Questions to Test Your Dental Knowledge 06/27/2013
- Health, Wellness and Smiles: There’s an App for That 08/15/2017
- 3 Resources to Help You Pick The Perfect Dentist 08/08/2017
- Dental Care for Pets: Cat Teeth vs. Dog Teeth 07/25/2017
- Do Teeth Make Good Bottle Openers? 07/18/2017
- 4 Factors To Consider When Choosing Dental Insurance For Your Small Business 07/13/2017
- Caroline Jacobson: Thank you for your comment! We too hope people wil...
- Reign Dental: Yes, Tiffany! You have said the truth. Many people...
- Caroline Jacobson: Glad to hear, John! Flossing is great for our smil...
- John J: It's crazy how much whiter my teeth have gotten s...
- Nicky: Thanks for the great post. I'm not really surpris...