All dental plans are not created equal. Some differences between plans can be easy to identify: annual maximums, deductibles and co-insurance, for example, are fairly straightforward. As the old adage goes, the devil is in the details. Here are 6 often overlooked details to look at when comparing dental plan coverage: Frequencies & Limitations Most […]
As you begin to build a dental benefits package to offer to your employees, you may consider including orthodontic benefits in your dental plan. Depending on the size of your company and the plan you choose, your employees may have a range of discounts on the cost of braces and other devices. What Do Your […]
Network size is measured in many different ways. Some dental carriers count unique licenses, some count provider locations, while others count access points. And, unfortunately, some dental insurance companies may not keep their records up-to-date, failing to remove retired or no longer practicing dentists from their lists of participating dentists. These differences can artificially inflate […]
Retirement planning can be challenging. You’ve got to run the numbers to determine the best age to retire; understand how Social Security timing affects your income; use an Equity release calculator to see how much you might be able to get; and ensure you have enough saved to maintain your standard of living when you […]
What happens if you or a family member is has more than one dental plan? If both plans cover two cleanings a year, do you now get four cleanings? Not exactly. You don’t get double the benefits if you are covered by more than one dental plan, nor do you get reimbursed twice for your […]
Deductible and copay—you probably know these insurance terms impact cost. But insurance terms aren’t easy to understand, and when you layer one on top of the other, it gets even more complex. How do the two terms work together? And does copay go towards deductible? Let’s start by defining the terms. A copay is what […]
As a former benefits consultant and small business owner, I understand how difficult it can be for small employers to balance the desire to provide exceptional benefits and perks that attract and retain top talent with the need to protect the bottom line. And navigating the ever-growing list of perks to provide employees is a […]
As we continue to expand our services to meet the growing oral health needs across the state, we are pleased to announce the creation of a small business sales and service unit (SBU). Led by Kristi Dewitt-Quintero, the SBU will work with Arizona small business owners—and the brokers who serve them—to ensure their employees have […]
Have you ever wondered what actually determines the rate and coverage of your group dental insurance plan? These 4 factors could have an influence: Location. When it comes to a geographical area, your dental insurance carrier considers competing companies, local regulation and cost of living—all of which can influence premium pricing. This is pretty standard […]
When it comes to employee satisfaction, benefits matter. Small businesses have to remain competitive to recruit and retain talented employees. A strong benefits package improves a company’s competitive position, and dental coverage plays a significant role in rounding out that package. In fact, two-thirds of workers consider dental benefits to be very or extremely important, […]
- 3 Resources to Help You Pick The Perfect Dentist 08/08/2017
- Combating Tooth Decay: 3 Ways to Help Kids Get a Passing Grade in Oral Health This School Year 08/11/2015
- 9 Common Questions and Answers for Parents Considering Braces for their Children 11/27/2018
- Are Electric Toothbrushes Better? 09/04/2018
- Smoking Linked to Poor Oral Health 01/07/2014
- Can Breastfeeding Cause Cavities? 08/20/2019
- Dentist Spotlight: Dr. Alexandria Schwei 08/16/2019
- Happy Campers Have Healthy Smiles [INFOGRAPHIC] 08/13/2019
- Can Lemon Water Harm Your Teeth? 08/08/2019
- 4 Ways to Avoid Developing Oral Thrush from Using an Inhaler 08/06/2019
- Ryan Boulding: Gamification is widespread and useful for tasks or...
- Ryan Boulding: Thanks!...
- Adam: Nice post....
- Sarah Packer: My kid is getting older and her teeth are coming i...
- gorgiousanna: A very interesting article about the dental rooms ...