The whole family loves pizza! And you’ll love how this saucy, cheesy treat cuts the carbs by replacing the crust with teeth-strengthening zucchini.
But the real secret to its goodness is actually the nutritious, veggie-packed sauce. It’s as loaded with vitamins, fiber, and protein as it is full of flavor. (Make extra so you can enjoy again!)
Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Pizza Bites Ingredients:
- 3 large zucchinis, sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup of your favorite toppings (Canadian bacon, sausage, peppers, olives, etc.)
- Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Microwave carrots for 2 minutes.
- Combine carrots with other pizza sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place zucchini on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Spoon a thin layer of pizza sauce over each slice, top with mozzarella and your other favorite toppings.
- Sprinkle with dried oregano and bake for 10 minutes until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
For more mouth-healthy recipes your whole family will enjoy check out these other articles:
- Southwestern Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Gluten-Free Zoodles
Have a recipe or dietary need you’d like to see featured? Let us know in the comments below!