Arizona has some of the nation’s most beautiful natural wonders! We put together a list of the top 10 most Instgrammable spots to help you explore the Grand Canyon State. Get your smile selfie-ready (using our tips below) and add these breathtaking places to your Instagram bucket list:
- Blue Canyon: Despite its name, this canyon isn’t blue. But it does look like someone painted its rocks red and white! Located on the Hopi Indian Reservation, this natural canyon will blow your mind with its vibrant colors and unique rock formations.
- Emerald Cove: You’ve never seen the Colorado River like this before! Emerald Cove is known for its clear, bright green water and scenic canyons. Located near the Arizona-Nevada border, this is the perfect spot for kayakers and photographers alike.
- Grand Falls (Chocolate Falls): Have you ever seen a natural chocolate fountain? If you haven’t, you’re going to want to visit Grand Falls. The Colorado River runs through Grand Falls, turning the water brown as it flows down the mountainside. Get a fun reaction from your Instagram followers by snapping a photo of yourself pretending to drink the “chocolate” waterfall.
- Hieroglyphic Trail at the Superstition Mountains: This short, moderate hike is home to many prehistoric rock carvings called petroglyphs. Located in the Gold Canyon, you’ll also find waterfalls, wildflowers, and if you’re lucky, some seasonal swimming pools along your path.
- Jerome Ghost Town: The town of Jerome sits atop a hill between Prescott and Flagstaff. It used to be a thriving copper mining town, but is now a tourist stop filled with artists, musicians and spooky ghost tours.
- Meteor Crater: Here you will find the largest meteor crater in the world. The crater is over 10,000 years old and a mile wide, making it a site to see! This is the perfect place to snap a one-of-a-kind photo and check “visit a crater” off your bucket list.
- Mooney Falls: Located on the edge of the Grand Canyon, Mooney Falls is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations in the state. Hiking to the falls can be tough, but you will be rewarded at the end with a picturesque swimming hole and view!
- Petrified Forest: Have you ever heard of petrified wood? Petrified wood is fossilized trees from millions of years ago. This is a rare phenomenon and a must-see! Make your way down to Winslow, Arizona to experience the world’s largest assembly of petrified trees and vegetation.
- Seven Falls in Bear Canyon: This is one of the most beautiful places in the state of Arizona, but if you plan on visiting, you’ll need to pack. This is a HIKE (8.5 miles to be exact). When you get to the end of the trail, you’ll find a lush, green canyon and waterfall. It’s the perfect spot to stop for a picnic and snap a photo!
- Window Rock: It isn’t every day that you see a giant hole through a mountain. But if you visit the small town of Window Rock, you will be amazed by this unique rock formation and the greenery surrounding it.
Simple Tips for a Selfie-Ready Smile
Now that we’ve highlighted some of the most Instagrammable locations in Arizona, let’s get your smile ready for the camera! Prep your smile for the perfect selfie with these tips:
- Chow down on foods that naturally whiten your teeth, like strawberries and flaxseed.
- Floss in-between your teeth daily. Think about forming a “C” shape with the floss and sliding it up and down.
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste twice a day for two minutes. Use a soft-bristled brush to avoid damaging your gums and tooth enamel.
- Get your teeth cleaned by a professional. Your dental hygienist can remove built-up plaque and polish your teeth, giving you a brighter smile. If you have dental insurance, dental cleanings are often covered for free!
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. Keep your teeth and body healthy by avoiding dry mouth and dehydration.
By keeping your teeth and gums healthy, you’ll be confident and ready to snap a quick selfie at the next scenic moment!
Do you have a favorite spot in Arizona we forgot to mention? Share it with us in the comments below. We can’t wait to see you smiling on your next AZ adventure! Happy trails!