Replace those same old French fries with beet fries. You’ll not only consume fewer cavity-causing carbs but you’ll also enjoy a hearty, sweet, surprisingly delicious comfort food.
Even kids will love this fun, healthy way to add a superfood to your family’s diet. And you’ll love what beets do for your smile because they can help strengthen teeth and fight tooth decay.
- 2 large beets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel beets. Slice off and dispose of both ends. Cut into 1/4-inch slices to look like fries.
- Toss beets, olive oil and spices in a mixing bowl to coat beets.
- Lay beet slices on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy! And swish your mouth with water after eating to help prevent teeth staining.
Looking for tasty alternatives to some of your other favorite comfort foods? We’ve got you covered! Check out our healthy twists on pizza, crunchy snack foods, noodles and desserts in these other blog posts!