Did you know that broccoli is good for your heart and eye health, balances hormones and supports the immune system? Plus, it’s tasty! Step up your your next meal with this healthy AND flavorful side dish.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2½ Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place broccoli florets in a bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and toss with the garlic slivers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove broccoli from oven.
- Toss with the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Serve and enjoy.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network.
Editors Note: This post was originally published April 2013. The content was revised and updated June 2023.