No time to whip up an elaborate meal for yourself or your family? No problem. It’s surprisingly easy to make this melt-in-your-mouth baked salmon recipe that’s perfectly seasoned for maximum flavor and maximum oral health benefits. And the best part is, you likely have all the ingredients you’ll need on hand in your kitchen already.
In addition to being incredibly versatile, salmon is packed with nutrients that are great for your overall wellness and your smile. It’s high in phosphorus, calcium and vitamin D to protect and strengthen your tooth enamel. And, salmon has 51% of our recommended daily value of B12, making it a true super food. Salmon has even been linked to lowering risks for gum disease and cancer.
- 1 salmon fillet (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay® or seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Coat a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and drizzle with half of the olive oil.
- Put salmon on the foil or parchment paper and drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Divide butter into thin pats and place 3 to 4 pieces on salmon.
- Bake 13 minutes or salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
If you love salmon and are looking for another tasty way to dress it up with a mouth-healthy sauce, give this recipe for rosemary lemon-baked salmon with mint yogurt sauce a try!
Did you give this recipe a try? Let us know how it went in the comments below. Or, if you have suggestions for other easy-to-make dinner ideas we’d love to hear them!